Saturday, August 17, 2013

The past week has seemed like crunch time. With only a week left on my trip I initially felt like I was at an all or nothing point in terms of finding a professional team to play on. After playing a couple games and talking to my coach and other people I've come to the realization that if God wants me to stay in Europe then it is going to happen. I just need to go out every night and play as well as I can. And I am happy to say that I have been playing quite well over here. We have one more game to play tomorrow and then it will be time to come home. And it is time for a break. Our team doesn't have much left in the tank after putting on a 3 day camp and also playing 6 games in 7 days. I am hoping that a team will talk to me yet before I leave but if it doesn't happen, this trip has been very fulfilling. I've learned a lot about professional European basketball and I've also learned a lot about myself. No regrets. So now for some game updates. While we were in France we played 3 games and went 2-1. The last game we played there was against a 4th league team and we competed with them the entire game but just couldn't get over the hump. Our first game in Germany was against a BBL team. The BBL is Germany's version of the NBA so we're talking about the best of the best. The team we played was a top 10 team and they stomped on us. Hard. We lost by 56 despite trying our best. It was a case of a veteran team with lots of chemistry playing against a team that is still trying to learn how to play together. It was a good experience and I think that with a couple years of experience I could be able to play at that level. The team we played tonight was a Pro B team and we won by 12 or so. We played a solid game tonight despite going through some rough stretches. This was the third Pro B team I have played against and I can definitely play at this level and be a player who would excel. Tonight we are having a barbecue with the host family and getting some much needed R&R. Just one day and one game left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive