Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 1 of training camp has come to an end. Everybody's flights were in by 3, so we were able to get some practice in around 5. We will be practicing at Prestonwood Christian Academy for the next 3 days. We did some basic drills and shooting and got to scrimmage for a bit at the end. After we played we got supper and had some orientation and Bible study. We covered Romans 12 tonight. If you're familiar with this passage, you know that it's all about being servant leaders. This is something that News Release will really challenge me with. We talked about how serving others has three parts. First, how does being a servant affect my life and enhance my faith? Second, how will my serving affect my community around me? Third, how will being a servant leader affect the global community? Already on this first day I can tell that this will be a life changing experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive