Thursday, July 18, 2013

The summer season really does go fast. Only 3 more days until I take off for my trip. A lot of work has gone into making this trip possible. Most obviously is the work that I myself have put in in the gym trying to get better and expand my skills. More importantly is all the hard work that the people around me have put in. Since the day my college career ended, Coach Douma and Coach Keizer have helped me out tremendously making contacts to get my name out there. Its really humbling to know that I will have mentors for life from them. I also cannot forget to mention my teammates. The bond that we have made over the last 4 years is unbreakable. They've shown nothing but support and encouragement for me during this process. Always willing to help me work on my game and make me better, teaching me how to compete and stay motivated. And my family. They have been at every game of my college career, 131. I think they are almost more excited about this than I am. Although that may be because I will finally be out of the house for awhile. The last few days my mom has been taking all the news articles, game programs, and pictures she has compiled over the last 4 years and putting them together. Seeing that gives me mixed emotions. My time at Dordt has been the best of my life. So many memories, fond memories, to look back on. Its sad to think that I'll never get to play with my team again, or have a packed De Wit gym cheering for me. But I am also extremely excited. Who would have ever thought that I would someday have a chance to become a professional basketball player. So a heartfelt and well deserved thank you goes to everyone that has ever helped me get to the place that I am in now.

1 comment:

  1. Go follow your dream Jordan!!! The Lord will guide your path--just trust and follow!!!
    Terri Vanden Bosch

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive